How to find keylogger or any spyware in PC
Hello friends, today i will explain share with a great method to find or detect a keylogger or any other spyware in your PC or system. As we all know nowadays keyloggers and spywares are big concern as hackers are trying their best to infect the victims to hack their accounts. Today i will teach you how to find a keylogger or Trojan or spyware in your PC or Laptop. There are several ways to find them but using this method you will know the exact path of the keylogger and where its saving the log file. Also once you have the keylogger server now you can reverse engineer the server and hack the hackers account password which he used in keylogger server. Lets first start with keyloggers introduction..
|Find keylogger or spywares in your PC or system|
What is Keylogger and How it actually works?
Keylogger as the name suggests somethings that logs keystrokes. Yup its right, keylogger is a password hacking tool which is used to steal victims passwords, logging the keystrokes pressed by victim and also some advanced keyloggers are even used to retrieve stored confidential data. Based on internet scope keyloggers are of two types:
1. Physical Keylogger: These keyloggers are installed if hacker has physical access to your system. User has to install this type of keylogger manually on your PC or system. These types of keyloggers are hard to find but i will show you today how to find that also.
2. Remote Keylogger: Remote keyloggers are new generation keyboard hook hacking software's which does not require a physical access to the system that means they can be installed remotely. These usually comes into your PC through torrents, porn websites, hacking tools(software's like Facebook hack tool, Gmail hack tool, Hotmail hacker) and cracks, keygens and patches. As most users usually ignore these files as antivirus usually shows virus in these files. So hackers exploit this loophole and attach their keyloggers and keyboard hook programs with such things like keygens, patches, cracks and torrents etc.
Remote keyloggers logs the data into a file and send these logs to hackers FTP or his email. So friends, always try to avoid above mentioned things as far as possible.
How to detect or find keylogger or any spyware in your system:
1. Download the Forensic investigation tool OPENFILESVIEW and Install it.
2. Now open openfilesview and you will see a complete list of all processes and temporary files currently being used by your system or PC along with their full path from which they have been running. Here is the snapshot:
|How to Find Keyloggers or Trojans in PC|
3. Now in above snapshot you can clearly identify the keylogger and system files. Check the Program name and then check its corresponding location in full path. Also you can verify with time at which keylogger file has been created.
4. Now we have find the location of Keylogger or spyware. Go to that location and open the File with bintext or any binary debugger and search for @ or ftp in that. This will help you to get the email ID or FTP address at which keylogger is sending logs.
You can also use Wireshark and capture the packets for 20-30 minutes and filter ftp and smtp packets. By this methods you can will get email and password of hacker. I will explain this in my coming tutorials.
I hope you all found this article helpful and get a little deeper knowledge of computer forensics. If you like my article or have any queries please comment.