Windows 7 enables services that aren’t necessarily required by default. You can relieve a huge amount of system resources by disabling these services or setting them to “Manual mode”. Configuring a service to this setting means, it doesn’t start automatically, but rather only when it is required.
How to Disable services:
- Access the “Start Menu“
- Type in “services.msc” in the search line and press “Enter“. (Alternately you can open the “Control Panel“, locate the “Administrative Tools” icon and click on “Services“.)
- Go to a service property page to set it to Automatic/Manual or Disabled. Right click on the service name and choose “Properties” to access the properties screen.
The configuration listed below lists a range of services you can disable to relieve system resources and yet it should provide a great experience for 95% of users. There should be little or no side effects to configuring your machine this way.
What you can disable:
- Application Experience
- Computer Browser (Disable this if you’re not joining any network)
- Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager (Disable this if you don’t want the aero effects)
- Diagnostic Policy Service
- Distributed Link Tracking Client
- IP Helper
- Offline Files
- Portable Device Enumerator Service
- Print Spooler (Disable this if you do not have a printer)
- Protected Storage
- Remote Registry (Disable it for more Security)
- Secondary Logon
- Security Center
- Server (Disable if you’re not running any network or intranet)
- Tablet PC Input Service
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
- Themes (Disable if you do not want aero and good visual appearance
- Windows Error Reporting Service
- Windows Media Center Service Launcher
- Windows Search (Disable it if you hardly use Windows Search feature)
- Windows Time (Disable this if you are not synchronizing system time with Internet time automatically)
That’s it.. the above configuration will increase your operating system speed and you can experience better working experience on Windows 7.
I hope you all have liked it… If you have any queries ask me in form of comments..