Steps to Share or Control Remote PC using MSRA:
1. First of all click on startup and type command “MSRA” and press enter as shown below:
|Type msra in search option|
2. Now you will see screen like below having title “Windows Remote Assistance” , there are two options displayed:
a. Invite someone you trust to help you : Choose this option if you want to share your screen with someone.
b. Help someone who invited you : Choose this option if you want to control someone others PC remotely.
Click on Option a “Invite someone you trust to help you” to share your screen:
|Select shown option to continue|
Once you click the above option then you will see below panel with multiple options:
|Options displayed for Windows remote assistance|
Now you can see three different options :
a. Send this invitation as file : On clicking this option you can save the invitation file and send it to anyone from which you require help. After saving the file another window will open containing the password. You have to provide that password to person whom you want to connect to your machine.
b. Use email to send an invitation: You can send invitation directly via email but it requires email client on your machine to send email like outlook etc.
c. Use Easy connect: Another method to directly connect two PC is using Easy connect but this require some basic settings at your routers end i.e. If the computer has IPv6 disabled or is behind a NAT router that blocks Teredo traffic, the Easy Connect option will be unavailable.
Now once you have send the remote assistance invitation file to user, he can connect to your PC by double clicking the invitation file and then entering the password.
Note: You need to enable remote assistance service.
3. Help someone who invited you : By clicking this option you can provide help to anyone who has done the above task. You will need two things : Invitation file and password to connect remote PC.
Woohooo… Did you know there is another smart option by which you can directly connect to any PC using IP address? If not, well lets learn that too. Yup we can also provide windows remote assistance support using IP address too. Here are options.
1. First of all click on startup and type command “MSRA” and press enter.
2. Now you will see screen where two options are displayed, Select “Help someone who invited you”.
3. After that you will see some option, click on the bottom one “Advanced connection option for help desk” as shown below :
|Select advanced connection option for help desk|
After clicking option you see below panel to enter IP address:
|Enter IP address or computer name|
After entering IP address press Next to connect to IP address. That’s all.
Hope you all enjoyed the learning. If you have any queries ask me in form of comments.