Google Chrome is the most popular web browser of the world. How about turning a simple Google Chrome Web Browser into a Hacking Machine? Want to know how? Google Chrome Store has more than thousands of Chrome Extensions related to each an every aspect. Hackingloops has came up with list of 18 Google Chrome Extensions for Penetration Testers to turn Google Chrome browser into Hacking Machine.
List of 18 Google Chrome Extensions for Penetration Testers or Ethical Hackers to turn browser into Hacking Machines :
1. Web Developer, is a Google Chrome extension that adds a tool bar with various web development tools in Chrome. With these tools, users can perform various web development tasks. This extension helps analyzing web application elements like HTML and JS.
Download : Web Developer Extension in Chrome.
2. Firebug Lite for Google Chrome, provides a rich visual environment to analyze HTML elements, DOM elements and other Box Model Shading. It also provides live CSS editing. It helps in analyzing how an application is working on the client’s side.
Download : Firebug Lite to Google Chrome
3. d3coder, is another nice Google Chrome extension that helps penetration testers. It enables us to encode and decode selected text via context menu. Thus it reduces the time to encode and decode strings by using separate tools. This extension can perform a wide range of functions.
Download : d3coder extension to Google
4. Site Spider, is an extension that adds a crawler in Chrome. It crawls all pages and reports all broken links. One can also restrict the spider by adding restrictions and regular expressions, it works at the client’s side. It can also use your authentication to access all pages. This extension is opensource. So, you can easily modify it according to your needs.
Download : Site Spider to Google Chrome
5. Form Fuzzer, is used to populate predefined characters into different form fields. It can also select checkboxes, radio buttons and select items in forms. It has a configuration menu where you can manage all settings of the extension. It is really helpful in testing forms. You can set payloads for forms and then populate payloads quickly with this nice tool. Really helpful in performing XSS and SQL injection attacks.
Download : Form Fuzzer to Google Chrome
6. Session Manager, is a powerful Chrome extension that lets users save, update, restore, and remove sets of tabs. You can create a group of tabs of the same interest and then restore those pages in one click. If you open few specific pages daily, and create groups of those pages and then open with a single click.
Download : Session Manager to Google Chrome
7. Cookie Editor, is a nice Chrome extension that lets users edit cookies. This tool is really helpful while hijacking vulnerable test sessions. It lets users delete, edit, add/or search cookies. It also lets users protect, block or export cookies in json. You can play with cookies as you want. This extension is ad-supported and all revenue goes to Unicef to help children worldwide. But Ads are not necessary and you can disable anytime from the extension settings page.
Download : Edit This Cookie to Google Chrome
8. Cache Killer, is another nice extension that automatically cleans the browser cache before loading pages. It can be easily enabled or disabled with a single mouse click. It’s useful to bypass the browser cache and see the exact website in case it’s changing. This is much useful for web developers.
Download : Cache Killer Extension to Google Chrome
Download : XSS rays to Google Chrome
10. WebSecurify, is a powerful cross platform web security testing tool. It’s available for various desktop, mobile platforms and browsers. This is the first web security tool that runs directly from the browser. It’s capable of finding XSS, XSRF, CSRF, SQL Injection, File upload, URL redirection and various other security vulnerabilities. It has a built in crawler that scans and crawls pages. Then it will try to find vulnerability on pages. It’s not a fully automatic tool. It lists possible vulnerability on the URL. You will need to confirm the vulnerability manually. We have already covered the websecurify tool in detail. You can check older posts to read more on how this tool works and how to master websecurify for penetration testing. While scanning, it pulls all features from the WebSecurify server, so you do not need to worry about database updates. The vulnerability engine will be updated at all times. Penetration testing tools are just a click away. Use this either as a browser tool or desktop tool.
Download : Websecurify to Google Chrome
11. Request Maker, is a core penetration testing tool. It’s used in creating and capturing requests, tampering the URL, and making new headers with post data. It can capture requests made via forms or XMLHttpRequests. You can see the function of this tool is similar to Burp. It’s also helpful in performing various kind of attacks in a web applications by modifying http requests.
Download : Request Maker to Google Chrome
12. Proxy SwitchySharp, is a proxy extension that helps in managing and switching between multiple proxies quickly. It also has an option to set auto proxy switching based on URL. You can also import or export data easily. With proxy switcher, we can hide IP addresses and perform penetration testing tasks to check how a person can attack with proxy servers.
Download : Proxy SwitchySharp to Google Chrome
13. Port Scanner, Google Chrome extension adds port scanning capabilities to the browser. With this extension, you will be able to scan which TCP ports are listening. Port Scanner analyzes any given IP or URL addresses, and then will scan for open ports to help you to secure them. It is also available for Opera and Mozilla Firefox.
Download : Port Scanner to Google Chrome
14. XSS chef, is the popular Chrome extension that works directly in the browser. It helps us in identifying XSS vulnerability in a web application. It’s similar to BeEF but for browsers. It performs following tasks:
- Monitor open tabs of victims
- Execute JS on every tab (global XSS)
- Extract HTML, read/write cookies (also httpOnly), local Storage
- Get and manipulate browser history
- Stay persistent until whole browser is closed (or even further if you can persist in extensions’ local Storage)
- Make screenshot of victims window
- Further exploit e.g. via attaching BeEF hooks, keyloggers etc.
- Explore filesystem through file:// protocol
- Bypass Chrome extensions content script sandbox to interact directly with page JS
This is not an extension but a framework. So, installation is not same as any other extension. Read the official link of XSS Chef given below and learn how to install it in Chrome.
Download : XSS chef to Google Chrome
15. HPP Finder, is another nice extension. It is useful in finding HTTP Parameter Pollution (HPP) vulnerability and exploit it. This tool can easily detect and exploit the HTML Forms or URLs that might be susceptible of HTTP Parameter Pollution attacks. This tool can only find the vulnerability points but is not a solution against the vulnerability.
Download : HPP Finder in Google Chrome
16. The Exploit Database, is not a penetration testing tool, but it keeps you updated with all latest exploits, shell code and white papers available on Exploit DB server. It’s an open source tool.
Download : The Exploit Database extension in chrome
17. GHDB, is a nice Google hack query search. This nice extension help you in searching for necessary Google hack querys for finding specific pages based on special Google search parameters. It allows you in understanding the basis of web security in a better way.
Download : GHDB in Google Chrome
18. iMacros for Chrome, while performing various web page testing processes, you may need to automate few repetitive tasks on the web. For this, you can use iMacros for Chrome extensions. So, next time when you need this kind of thing, Use the macro and then start it with a click button.
Download : Install iMacros for Chrome in Chrome
Additional Extension : IP Address and Domain Information, is an information gathering extension that can help you in finding geolocation, DNS, whois, routing, search results, hosting, domain neighbors, DNSBL, BGP and ASN information of every IP address (IPv4 and IPv6).
Download : IP Address and Domain Info to Chrome
So why wait so much, download these addons on your Google Chrome Browser and turn your Google Chrome Browser into a Perfect Hacking Machine for Penetration Testing.
Want to turn Firefox Browser into Hacking Machine, then read this article :
If you like our articles and want to support us, you can visit our sponsors.