With the exponential rise of internet users, everything from purchasing to paying bills can be done online with the click of a mouse and from the comfort of your home. However, at times this comfort and convenience can cost you dearly when you fall victim to identity theft. Despite being an efficient and a convenient option, online banking can be risky and you therefore need to install internet security software, like antivirus firewalls, to check any malicious activities. Enumerated here are five useful ways to secure your bank transaction details from intruders.
Be Cautious in Giving your Bank Transaction Details on Websites:
Most of the frauds and scams take place due to your callousness. Do not disclose your personal bank account details on any website. If it is required, then you should make sure that the website is absolutely securely and safe (it should have an SSL security Certification Symbol). Also, the login details and password should never be disclosed anywhere. They should also be changed at regular intervals. Alphanumeric passwords or passwords with special characters, like colons and asterisks, are the most secure.
Use Secure and Data Encrypted Web Session to Secure Your Bank Transaction Details:
Secure Your Bank Transaction Details by securing PC:
Never Disclose your Bank Account Information:
Discover the breach as soon as possible, because if it takes a long time then you have to pay the cost of it.\
There are several measures which you can use to keep your bank transaction safe and secure. For instance:
- Disable the auto-fill feature of your browser.
- Never trust any company that you do not know and do the transaction only with verified and secured websites.
- Keep tabs on your online transactions and monitor them regularly.
- Make sure to check your bank statements on a regular basis. If there is any discrepancy, then you should notify the bank instantly.
- Disable file and printer sharing to cut down on the vulnerable entry points for the identity thieves.