First of all I will try Explain what the Hacking really is….
What Is Hacking??
Everyone Here thinks that hacking is just stealing of data and information illegally but this perception is absolutely wrong.
The below is definition from Wikipedia…. Itz clearly showing hacking as a negative thing…
“Hacking is unauthorized use of computer and network resources. (The term “hacker” originally meant a very gifted programmer. In recent years though, with easier access to multiple systems, it now has negative implications.)”
Hacking is not always unauthorized… Hacking also include Exploring the Things that are being Hidden from the general usage… So exploring things i.e being Hidden from general User is also hacking…
Hacking Definition by Me…
” Hacking is art of exploring the hidden things that are being hidden from general usage and finding loop holes in the security and use them to benefit the others”
WHO ARE HACKERS ??
Everybody here thinks thats hackers are criminals of the virtual world (i.e digital World ). But this thought is also wrong. Hackers are not always criminals.. It doesn’t have any doubt that Hackers are extremely genious peoples in the field of Computers…
I want to Categorize hackers in three Categories:
1. Crackers or Black Hat hackers or cheaters or simply criminals : They are called criminals because they are having the mindset of causing harm to security and they steals very useful data and use it in wrong ways. Phishers also some in this category who steals account info and steal your credit card nos. and money over the Net.
2. Ethical hackers : Ethical Hacking Means you think like Hackers. i.e First you Hack the Systems and find out the loop holes and then try to correct those Loop Holes..These type of hackers protect the cyberworld from every possible threat and fixes the future coming security loop holes. These peoples are also called as “GURU’s” of Computer Security.
3. Simply Prankers : The hackers who just do hacking for fun…play pranks to their friends..
INTRODUCTION TO SIMPLE TERMS RELATED TO HACKING !
Threat –An action or event that might compromise security. A threat is a potential violation of
Vulnerability –Existence of a weakness, design, or implementation error that can lead to an unexpected, undesirable event compromising the security of the system.
Exploit –A defined way to breach the security of an system through vulnerability. i.e Use the vulnerability to damage the database or system.
Attack –An assault on system security that derives from an intelligent threat. An attack is any action that violates security.
Target of Evaluation –An IT system, product, or component that is identified/subjected as requiring security evaluation.
Security – A state of well-being of information and infrastructures in which the possibility of successful yet undetected theft, tampering, and disruption of information and services is kept low or tolerable.
Security rests on confidentiality, authenticity, integrity, and availability.
•Confidentiality –The concealment of information or resources.
•Authenticity –The identification and assurance of the origin of information.
•Integrity –The trustworthiness of data or resources in terms of preventing improper and unauthorized changes.
•Availability –The ability to use the information or resource desired.
INTRODUCTION TO TOPICS THAT WE COVER IN THESE CLASSES !
- Introduction to Ethical hacking
- Hacking Systems and OS
- Trojans and backdoors
- Sniffers and DDOS(Denial of Service)
- Social Enginnering
- Hacking Websites
- Hacking Web applcations and Softwares
- Password Hacking and Cracking
- Phising and fake pages
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless (wifi’s)
- virus and worms
- Creating Viruses and trojan and Making them undetectable
- Exploit Writing and virus source codes of very famous viruses
- Hacking Webservers
- …… And Much more… List is endless…
I think You all would have like this and want to see more.. I will regularly post material.
I think this deserves Comments and facts that Users want’s to ask about Hacking…
So Don’t hesitate and ask your queries . I am there to reply them all…
Have Fun and Keep Learning…. As Hacking is the art of expertising Computers…