Hello Friends, today I will explain you how a credit card hack works: how to hack credit cards using packet sniffing and session hijacking. In this tutorial, we will discuss how we can exploit the vulnerability in credit or debit card functionality to hack the card’s password. Nowadays, fund transfers and online shopping are done using primarily internet banking and credit cards. Interestingly, those methods utilize SSL (click here to learn more about SSL). People tend to believe that their accounts cannot be hacked because their transactions are secured by extra security layer, SSL, but it’s actually quite easy to break the SSL. It is always better to secure your computer and internet connection rather than depend on payment sites. So first, we should know how credit cards work and how transactions are performed. Please read on.
First, know that it’s virtually impossible to see the actual data that is transferred during a transaction, but by using session hijacking and packet sniffing we can achieve see the data in an encrypted form.
EXACT STEPS TO HACK CREDIT CARDS OR DEBIT CARDS
Bad News for SSL VPN Admins
What an End-User Needs To Know
|Left One Good Certificate and right one fake certificate|
How an End-User Can Prevent This
- Again, the simple act of viewing the certificate and clicking “No” would have prevented this from happening.
- Education is the key for an end-user. If you see this message, take the time to view the certificate. As you can see from the examples above, you can tell when something doesn’t look right. If you can’t tell, err on the side of caution and call your online bank or the online store.
- Take the time to read and understand all security messages you receive. Don’t just randomly click yes out of convenience.
How a Corporation Can Prevent This
- Educate the end-user on the Security Alert and how to react to it.
- Utilize One Time Passwords, such as RSA Tokens, to prevent the reuse of sniffed credentials.
- When using SSL VPN, utilize mature products with advanced features, such as Juniper’s Secure Application Manager or Network Connect functionality.
To get our free books emailed to you and more detailed information on these credit and debit card hacking concepts on an ongoing basis you can join our list. Please remember that this is all for educational purposes only and you should never hack someones debit or bank cards. This wrong morally and illegal as well.