In my previous posts regarding VIRUS CREATIONS, I have used C as the programming language. If you’re new to C programming and find it difficult to compile the C source codes, then this post is for you. Here is a step-by-step procedure to install Borland C++ compiler 5.5 and compile C programs.
How to install Borland C++ compiler
1. Download Borland C++ compiler 5.5 (for Windows platform) from the following link.
2. After you download, run freecommandlinetools.exe. The default installation path would be
How to configure Borland C++ compiler
1. After you install Borland C++ compiler, create two new Text Documents
2. Open the first New Text Document.txt file and add the following two lines into it
Save changes and close the file. Now rename the file from New Text Document.txt tobcc32.cfg.
3. Open the second New Text Document (2).txt file and add the following line into it
Save changes and close the file. Now rename the file from New Text Document (2).txtto ilink32.cfg.
4. Now copy the two files bcc32.cfg and ilink32.cfg, navigate toC:BorlandBCC55Bin and paste them.
How to compile the C source code (.C files)
1. You need to place the .C (example.c) file to be compiled in the following location
2. Now go to command prompt (Start->Run->type cmd->Enter)
3. Make the following path as the present working directory (use CD command)
4. To compile the file (example.c) use the following command
5. Now if there are no errors in the source code you’ll get an executable file (example.exe) in the same location (C:BorlandBCC55Bin).
6. You have successfully compiled the source code into an executable file(.exe file).
NOTE: The above tutorial assumes that you’ve installed the compiler onto the C: drive (by default).