|How to Disable autorun in windows 7|
You might wonder what autorun is and if it’s similar to autoplay. I often hear people ask if they can be used interchangeably. Most users don’t know the difference between autoplay and autorun, but after reading this article you will be able to distinguish between both terms.
- The name and location of a program to call when the medium is inserted (the “AutoRun task”).
- The name of a file that contains an icon that represents the medium in Explorer (instead of the standard drive icon).
- Commands for the menu that appear when the user right-clicks the drive icon.
- The default command that runs when the user double-clicks the drive icon.
- Settings that alter AutoPlay detection routines or search parameters.
- Settings that indicate the presence of drivers.