Most of times specially in our college we don’t have the access to the admin account, now suppose you want to install a software on that system. What you will do now? Ask the admin to enter the password for you or simply hack it by yourself. I will tell you frankly that i have never opted method one in my life. Whenever i need administrator right i have hacked it but guys don’t do it like that ways because i got suspended from lab twice for doing that.
2. Boot the computer using ERD Commander Boot CD. You may have to set the boot order in the BIOS first.
3. Select your Windows XP installation from the list as shown.
For this hack you will require the Ubuntu Live CD.
Steps involved :
- Insert Ubuntu Live CD and boot from it.
- Open terminal and install chntpw in Ubuntu. To do so use the following commands.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chntpw
- Now mount your Windows volume. In my case it was dev/sda1. Replace it with yours.
sudo mkdir /media/WINDOWS
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/WINDOWS
- Now navigate to the Windows configuration folder.
- To reset the administrator password enter
sudo chntpw SAM
- After completing this command you will see 5 different choices. Select the 1st one and press Enter and its done.
- Now restart your system, it will not ask any password.
I hope you all have liked the topics for more such hacks keep visiting our website.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES ASK ME!