I have also explained another method in my previous post “How to fix corrupt files in windows”. So today i am explaining a new manual methods to fix windows errors and repairing system files.
Yesterday i was browsing my sytem32 folder in windows and checking some executable. I was very curious what these executable do and in fulfillment of my curiousness i found something really awesome that will make you all of them crazy. I founder something called “webfldrs” and you all will be amazed to see what it serves. Its absolutely serves for different purpose as its name suggests. This windows executable repairs everything in windows system. Its has several features listed below:
1. Repairs all detected reinstall problems.
2. Verify and repair registry entries for user windows programs.
3. Validates the shortcuts.
4. Reinstall if the file is missing, or an older version exists.
5. Reinstall if file has different version.
6. Reinstall the dll or exe if file has different or invalid checksum.
7. Verify local registry entries are present and repair if not.
Guys can you make a guess which of the above features i like most?? I love 5 and 6 feature the most? Why?? Answer is quite tricky but easy to guess. Reinstall if file has different version, or different check sum or invalid check sum. What the hell is this checksum.. Aha….. Checksum is the technique or method to verify the integrity of file. When Microsoft has designed exe or dll or simply a file they have calculated a checksum parameter. Now when some virus infects that file or attach itself to it, what happens is that, its value of checksum changes(as checksum calculation is based on bits, as extra code is added to it so its size surely gonna increase and number of bits involved will also change). So you now come to know why i like 5 and 6 points. If still not, guys they fixes the windows system files that viruses has infected or corrupted.
That was the background as i want to teach you hacking not just wanna make you script kiddie. So lets learn how to repair corrupted system files in windows manually.
1. Go to drive in which you have installed operating system. In my case its C drive.
2. There you will see a Windows folder. Go to Windows folder and then enter into system32 folder. Now there go down and search for webFldrs file.
Here is complete path:
3. Open WebFldrs file by double click it, you will see something like below snapshot:
|Initial Window for repairing Windows Files|
4. Now a window will pop up. Select all the options as shown below and click on OK.
|Select repair type options|
5. Now after you click Ok, you are back to previous window. There click on reinstall as shown below:
|Click on reinstall to repair windows file system|
6. When you click on that you will see below windows of repairing your files. This may take 20sec to 5 minutes depending upon your systems condition.
|Repairing files window|
|Repair has been completed.|
7. That’s all my friends. Its done you have fixed your windows system files.
Share you love by sharing this article with your friends.