|Fix Not able to install Antivirus problem|
1. Disconnect the internet.
2. Open the host file at below location:
For windows XP, you can directly open host file with notepad and edit it.
For windows vista or windows 7, first of all you need to provide the file editing rights or privileges to edit host file. This can be done by right clicking on host file and going to security tab and their you will see one advance tab.
In that window, you will see users(useraccount name), select the users and click on change permission now again select the users and double click on it.
And there just click on the Full Control checkbox and then click on apply. Now you will be able to edit the host file in the windows 7 or vista.
3. Now when your system is infected, you will see some website names mapped against the IP address 127.0.0.1 , what this is doing is that blocking you and your system applications to access these websites.
4. Now to fix not able to install any antivirus or install antivirus updates problem, you need to remove all the entries from the host file.
5. Entries can be removed by two ways:
a. Just by deleting everything from host file.
b. Simply putting # in front of the 127.0.0.1 on each line. This will comment that part. So it will not execute.
6. Now just save the host file and you are done.
7. Now install your antivirus or try to update your antivirus. It will work.
8. That’s all my friends. Now after installing antivirus just run the scan and remove all the viruses.
Note: This problem actually occurs due to W32/sality worm and new keyloggers or trojans.
I hope you all have enjoyed the article and able to understand the new concept.
If you have any doubts or queries ask in form of comments.