Stenography : Hide EXE within the Jpeg Image File
What is Steganography ?
Steganography is the art and science of hiding information by embedding messages within other, seemingly harmless images or other types of media
Steganography has become increasingly popular in the past years , majorily in hacking communities where it is extensively being used for hiding the executables within the image file . In the following tutorial I will show you how easy it is to hide an executable within an Image file .
Here is a Noob Friendly tutorial on Steganography that explains how to hide exe within the Jpeg .
1. Save the picture of choice to your desktop.
2. Make a new .rar or .zip folder on your desktop.
3. Add the files you want to hide into the .zip or .rar
4. Click start menu, run, cmd.
5. In Command Prompt type cd “desktop” with the quotation marks.
6. Now type in
copy /b picturename.jpg + foldername.rar outputfilename.jpg
( If you use .zip then: copy /b picturename.jpg + foldername.zip outputfilename.jpg)
7. Now there should be the outputed file name with a .jpg extension on the desktop.
( Do not close Command Prompt just yet )
8. Double click it to open the picture and check it out.
9. When your done looking, and want to view the hidden files
Type: ren outputfilename.jpg outputfilename.rar or zip
That easy it is to hide a executable malware within the Jpeg file .
This tutorial is only for educational purposes and not to be used to cause any damage to anyone .
Leave a Reply