Today almost everyone of us have a PC with an internet connection but how many of us think about it’s security? In fact most of the people are least bothered about their PC’s security.
Especially if you have an internet connection safeguarding your PC against network threats is a must.If your PC is not secured then it might be vulnerable to various threats.The threat may be as simple as a virus which corrupts your data or as complex as an identity theft where there are chances of huge loss of money.Did you know that unsecured PCs can be hijacked in minutes ? If you are really concerned about PC security then here are the top 10 security enhancements for your PC.
1. Check Windows Update.Windows Me, 2000, and XP users can configure automatic updates. Click on the Automatic Updates tab in the System control panel and choose the appropriate options. If Its showing Genuine Problem. Go to AMAZING TRICKS COLUMN and Check the Post How to Make Windows Genuine Without any patch and software.
2. Install a good Antivirus software and update it regularly.An Antivirus without updates is of no use. Examples of Best Antiviruses are Avira and AVG. Don’t Ever Use Cracked Versions as They themselves contains viruses. Avira’s Free Version Is himself provide better Security than Norton’s Full Internet Security. In combination Use Some Trojan remover Like Trojan remover .
Its a best Combination. If You Not Regularly Installs an application on you PC then I recommend
DEEP FREEZE. Its just Best…
3. Install a personal firewall. Both SyGate (http://www.sygate.com/) and ZoneAlarm (http://www.zonelabs.com/) offer free versions.
4. Install a good Antispyware.(Antivirus with built-in antispyware is a go0d choice).You can Prefer Trojan Remover. Itz just Best.
5. Use strong passwords and change them periodically. Passwords should have at least seven characters; use letters and numbers and have at least one symbol. A decent example would be f8izKro#l. This will make it much harder for anyone to gain access to your accounts.
6. If you’re using Outlook or Outlook Express, use the current version or one with the Outlook Security Update installed. The update and current versions patch numerous vulnerabilities.
I recommend to Use Other Clients like Thunderbird or PIDGIN as they are more secured and also their versions are regularly updated.
7. Be skeptical of things on the Internet. Don’t blindly assume that an email “From:” a particular person is actually from that person since it is possible to send a fake email. Never Follow the Links of the Websites from Emails as 1 of every 150 mails is a virus. Don’t click links through email ID’s especially the mails like You have won a lottery of 100000…$$ .. Itz just a LOL mail asking your confidential Information like name ,age,address and phone number..
8. Check for Versign SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate (Or logo) before you make any ecommerce transaction (Credit card transaction) with a website. And always use virtual Keyboard to enter the passwords and user names of secured accounts like credit cards etc..
9. Never disable the Auto-Protect feature of your Antivirus.If your Antivirus doesn’t have Auto-Protect feature then manually scan the files before you execute them.
10. Never give out your passwords to anyone at any time even if the person claims to be from “support.”.Also If you uses Internet from cybercafe . Always keep changing your passwords…
I think that You all will appreciate It. And It Worth for Comments ! If you have any queries ask in comments!
It’s a very useful tips for the security of the PC. It’s all the 10 steps are amazing.. Thanks for share with us
really good tips…Thanks!
web designer says
Well, All 1o taps are really awesome. I am looking for same kinda blog from many days. Thnaks for sharing…
jeux r4 ds says
It’s a very useful tips for the security of the PC. It’s all the 10 steps are amazing.. Thanks for share with us..
very Informative, keep going..
keep going.. We are following you..
Awesoem Information brother…