The MAC address uniquely identifies the network card within the current network segment. It consists of a vendor id that is unique among all network vendors, and a relative id that is unique to the vendor. The address is hard-coded onto the network adapter. But since most of the drivers were developed with the Windows Driver Development kit, the MAC address is read from the Windows registry, when the card is initialized. Now when you are launching any hacking attempt your MAC address is registered at your ISP that your physical address has accessed the particular website and you can be easily identified as MAC address is always unique. So be expert Hacker, first remove all things that can be traced back and its the first step..
Steps to change MacAddress of PC
1. Note down the description and current MAC address of the card you want to modify.
To do this, open a command prompt and type the following:
as shown below:
|Real Mac address View|
2. The description of the card is in the field “Description“, whereas the MAC address can be found at the field “Physical address“.
3. Start the registry editor by using regedit command in run(regedit under Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 2003 server) and open the node
Click on each of them until you get Network adapter in description as shown below:
|Network Adapter main node|
4. Find the node which contains the field Driver Description in the right pane that matches the description of the network adapter you want to change.
5. Now find the registry key “NetworkAddress” (without quotes). If not found create the new one and choose type String key as shown below:
|Registry View for creating new key|
6. Double click the entry “NetworkAddress” and enter the new network address. Note that the new network address should have exactly twelve digits as shown below:
|Entering value of Network address key.|
7. Once you entered the new network address, the network adapter has to be restarted. To do this, open the control panel and then “Network and Dialup connections”. Right click the network connection you have just modified, and then click disable. After the device has been disabled, right-click the connection again and click Enable.
8. Open a command prompt, and type ipconfig /all to check, whether the new MAC address has been changed. If the displayed physical address is still the same, your network card is probably incapable of changing this setting.
Here is the proof:
|Changed mac address|
9. That’s all, enjoy your new spoofed mac address.
I hope you all like it…. If you have any queries ask me in form of comments…