|Reverse Engineering Introduction|
- Product analysis: To examine how a product works
- Removal of copy protection, circumvention of access restrictions.
- Security auditing.
- Extremely useful when you lost documentation.
- Academic/learning purposes.
- Competitive technical intelligence (understand what your competitor is actually doing, versus what they say they are doing).
- Last but not the least..Learning: learn from others’ mistakes. Do not make the same mistakes that others have already made and subsequently corrected.