|Exe Internal Sections|
- Executable Code Section, named .text (Microsoft) or .txt (olydbg) or CODE (Borland)
- Data Sections, named .data, .rdata, or .bss (Microsoft) or DATA (Borland)
- Resources Section, named .rsrc
- Export Data Section, named .edata
- Import Data Section, named .idata
- Debug Information Section, named .debug
which parts need mapping-in and which parts have to be omitted. Data that is not mapped-in is placed at the end of the file past any parts that will be mapped-in e.g. Debug information.
The .rdata section represents read-only data, such as literal strings, constants, and debug directory information.
All other variables (except automatic variables, which appear on the stack) are stored in the .data section. These are application or module global variables.
resource editors available today which allow editing, adding, deleting, replacing, and copying resources.
When present, this section contains information about the names and addresses of exported functions.
7. Base Relocation Section