Bypass Android Lock Screen Step by Step
This post gives a Step by step Approach to Bypass Android Lock Screen . A Security researcher and hacker, named John Gordon, has found an easy way to bypass the security of locked smartphones running Android 5.0 and 5.1 (Build LMY48M). The Hacker to the bypassing lock screen vulnerability as the ” MAGIC TRICK “ . The hack simply allows to crash the user interface (UI) of the Lock Screen and allows the hacker to gain access to your Android Device .
Most of us use the Lock screens with a variety of lock mechanisms such as Pattern, Numeric Pin or even a Password . This Hack will Allow you to Bypass the Lock Screen , no matter what type of Lock screen you use except the pattern lock .
Step By Step : Bypass Android Lock Screen
- Get an Android Device that is locked .
- Open the Emergency Dial-er Screen
- Start typing a long string of Random Characters (Nemeric mixed with symbols “# , + , *”) . Donot stop until the limit is reached or you have typed near to ~ 400 . If you are doing this for the testing purposes then you can also copy a long string to the Emergency Dialer Screen .
- Now Tap and Copy the String .
- Open the Camera App that is accessible through the Lock Screen.
- Drag the Notification Bar
- Tap on settings
- This will present you with a prompt for Password . Well paste the Long String Here .
- Paste it as many times as you like , this will make the string extremely long .
- Come back to camera and divert yourself towards clicking pictures or increasing/decreasing the volume button with simultaneously tapping the password input field containing the large string in multiple places.
All this is done to make the camera app crash. Further, you will notice the soft buttons (home and back button) at the bottom of the screen will disappear, which is an indication that will enable the app to crash.
At this time, stop your actions and wait for the camera app to become unresponsive.
After a moment, the app will crash and get you to the Home Screen of the device with all the encrypted and unencrypted data.
Good/Bad News – the patch has released for the vulnerability and is made public by Google.
Hammad Ahmad says
How to enter the copied string if there is a pattern lock?